Director, Portfolio Advisor
Sullivan, Bruyette, Speros & Blayney (SBSB) has a current opening for a Portfolio Advisor to join our Wealth Advisory Practice in McLean, VA. This position works collaboratively with SBSB’s Portfolio Management Team in the delivery of high quality services to our clients.
About Sullivan, Bruyette, Speros & Blayney (SBSB)
Are you looking to be part of a collegial, client-focused, fee-only wealth advisory firm? SBSB takes a thoughtful, thorough, and personalized approach to providing financial planning, portfolio management, tax, and fiduciary services to our clients.
SBSB is committed to investing in our people and nurturing team members who embrace our philosophy of developing deep expertise, providing excellent client service, and putting clients’ needs first. Our collaborative, team-oriented environment results in exceptional opportunities for long-term professional development.
Key Portfolio Advisor Responsibilities:
- Serve as a primary contact for sophisticated clients and financial planning teams for portfolio related items, including monitoring necessary accounts/investments, selecting appropriate investment strategies for clients, developing customized strategic asset allocations, and preparing for meetings and completing follow up items.
- Prepare, review and deliver investment plans, investment policy statements and other portfolio analysis/recommendations to clients and their financial planning teams.
- Effectively communicate SBSB philosophy and investment management concepts and strategies to clients, both written and orally.
- Understand and communicate the connection between a client’s portfolio and their financial plan – returns needed, cash flow needs, risk tolerance, etc.
- Respond to client phone calls and emails regarding portfolio management issues.
- Help create webinar and seminar presentations.
Portfolio Management and Research:
- Take a leadership role in team and firm projects.
- Help create portfolio management department objectives and keep team working towards goals.
- Perform due diligence on and monitoring of investment managers and vehicles.
- Provide outside the box thought leadership on strategies, education and communications with clients and staff.
- Lead research efforts and recommend strategies to be presented at the Investment Policy Committee.
- Analyze stock options and concentrated stock positions and recommend divestiture strategies.
- Lead analysis, development of material and participation on firm communications including webinars, symposiums and written messaging.
- Mentor, train and evaluate Portfolio Associates and Managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; major in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Statistics or Mathematics preferred.
- CFA strongly preferred, MS in Finance or MBA a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of investment theory and portfolio management experience particularly within a High Net Worth environment.
- Knowledge of the portfolio management process, related software and client servicing needs.
- Strong communication (both written and orally) and analytical skills with the ability to present investment recommendations to clients in a compelling manner.
- Strong and effective ability to handle client escalations and concerns.