Director | Financial Planning
Sullivan, Bruyette, Speros & Blayney, LLC (SBSB) has a current opening for a full-time Director of Financial Planning to join our fee-only Wealth Advisory Practice in McLean, VA. You will work directly with the Financial Planning committee and management committee, provide oversight and training to client service teams, and enhance internal and external thought leadership initiatives.
As the Director of Financial Planning, you will work alongside our deeply experienced CPAs and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals and will have the opportunity to address financial planning strategies and questions.
Are you looking to be part of a collegial, client-focused, fee-only wealth advisory firm? SBSB takes a thoughtful, thorough, and personalized approach to providing financial planning, portfolio management, tax, and fiduciary services to our clients.
SBSB is committed to investing in our people and nurturing team members who embrace our philosophy of developing deep expertise, providing excellent client service, and putting clients’ needs first. Our collaborative, team-oriented environment results in exceptional opportunities for long-term professional development.
Key Director of Financial Planning Responsibilities
Financial Planning Department Management:
- Set Financial Planning Department Policy and Processes
- Help create best practices for financial planning services
- Perform due diligence of SBSB planning resources, tools, and software
- Evaluate potential new planning resources, tools, and software
- Communicate SBSB’s financial planning philosophy and services
- Set Training Objectives and Guidelines
- Staff training on financial planning process
- Internal learning events (e.g., CE events, brown bag sessions, etc.)
- External learning event coordination and guidance
- Implement and Monitor Systems and Services
- Coordinate the rollout and implementation of new and updated financial planning services and software
Lead Financial Planning Research:
- Bring new and updated financial planning strategies to client service teams
- Represent Financial Planning Department on firm committees and projects
- Provide thought leadership on strategies, education, and communications with clients and staff
- Lead research efforts and recommend strategies to be presented to firm leadership
- Lead analysis, and development of material, and participate in firm communications and marketing (e.g., web and blog posts, client events, and client-directed communication)
- Create and present content for COIs, client service teams, referral networks, and industry professionals
- Serve as primary “face” of the firm and contribute to new client onboarding and development efforts for client service teams
Key Director of Financial Planning Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; major in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Mathematics preferred
- CFP® required; CPA, CFA®, or MBA a plus
- Advanced knowledge of financial planning topics
- Strong communication and analytical skills with ability to present complex data and information to planners and outside professionals
- Experience in team management
- Strong writing and public speaking skills