Manager | Client Advisor
Sullivan, Bruyette, Speros & Blayney, LLC (SBSB) has a current opening for a Client Advisor to join our Wealth Advisory Practice in McLean, VA. This position works collaboratively on a client service team to provide financial planning, investment management and tax services for our clients.
As an SBSB Client Advisor you will be mentored by and work alongside our deeply experienced CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM
professionals, Certified Public Accountants and CFA charterholders and will have direct client interface addressing financial planning strategies and questions.
Are you looking to be part of a collegial, client-focused, fee-only wealth advisory firm? SBSB takes a thoughtful, thorough, and personalized approach to providing financial planning, portfolio management, tax, and fiduciary services to our clients.
SBSB is committed to investing in our people and nurturing team members who embrace our philosophy of developing deep expertise, providing excellent client service, and putting clients’ needs first. Our collaborative, team-oriented environment results in exceptional opportunities for long-term professional development.
Key Client Advisor Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver comprehensive financial plans including cash flow management, risk management, investment planning, tax planning, retirement planning and estate planning.
- Determine assumptions to be used for all analyses.
- Develop models in Excel to analyze clients' situations.
- Review and summarize complex estate planning documents.
- Analyze insurance and client employee benefits.
- Review financial plans prepared by Financial Planners and Financial Planning Analysts.
- Take a leadership role in team and firm projects.
- Prepare and review income tax projections and returns.
- Correspond with clients to coordinate quarterly estimated tax payment strategies.
- Consult with clients regarding tax considerations of any step in the financial planning process.
- Prepare and deliver client meeting follow up and deliverables as needed.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the client and coordinate with Operations Specialists on complex issues.
- Assist Principals in relationship management duties.
- Explain financial planning, tax and investment management strategies.
Key Client Advisor Requirements:
- Review investment plans, investment policy statements, dollar cost averaging schedules and trades.
- Work with Principals to develop the investment strategy.
- Analyze stock options and concentrated stock positions and recommend divestiture strategies.
- Four or more years relevant work experience.
- Bachelors Degree required; major in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Mathematics preferred.
- CFP®, CPA, CFA, or MBA required.
- Knowledge of the financial planning process, related services and client servicing needs.
- Strong communication and analytical skills with ability to present complex data and information to clients.
- Ability to manage support staff.